CATENA MEDIA PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
At Catena Media (“Catena Media", "we", "us"), we process personal data about our customers and visitors on our websites ("you"). We make efforts to handle your personal data with care, keep it secure and comply with data protection laws. Catena Media is engaged in performance marketing and lead generation online, with headquarters in Malta and subsidiaries in a number of other countries.
How this Policy Works
The purpose of this Policy is to explain when, why and how we process information which may relate to you ("personal data"). It also provides important information on your statutory rights. This Policy is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor rights you might have under data protection laws.
Click on a topic in the list below to find out more on individual topics in more detail by following the various links. We have labelled sections of the Policy to make it easy for you to navigate to the information most relevant to you.
Who is responsible for looking after your personal data?
Catena Media Operations Ltd having its registered address Quantum Place, Triq ix-Xatt, Ta´Xbiex, Gzira, Malta GZR 1052, is principally responsible for looking after your personal data (your Data Controller). Data Controller means the company that determines the means and purposes of processing of personal data.
You should be aware that although we are principally responsible for looking after your personal data, information may be held in databases which can be accessed by other companies. When accessing your personal data, all companies will comply with the standards set out in this Policy.
Catena Media is a group of companies with subsidiaries in several countries, for example in the European Union, Australia, Japan and the USA.
What personal data do we process?
We may process the following personal data about you: Name Data of birth Email address Password IP address Location data Website usage Gender Age Occupation Personal preferences and opinions .
What do we use your personal data for and when do we process your personal data?
Catena Media will collect information directly from you when you use our services or visit our websites. We use your personal data to: send out promotional emails relating to products and services. See also Section 6 below on Direct marketing. analyze information in our systems and databases to improve the way we run our business and websites according to user preferences, to provide a better service and user experience. Improve and target advertisements that you receive from us. register you for a chat forum or community, if we make available, in which you can provide comments. meet or exercise any of our legal obligations or rights We will only process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Section 3 and where we are satisfied that: you have provided your consent to us using the data in that way, or our use of your personal data is necessary to support 'legitimate interests' that we have as a business (for example, to improve our products, or to carry out analytics across our datasets), in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy. .
Who do we share your personal data with?
We work with many third parties, to help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties may from time to time need to have access to your personal da
- Our mailing application provider Aweber Systems, Inc., based in the USA, who is Privacy Shield certified as you may see here and processes personal data on our behalf;
- Our plugin provider and host of Wordpress.com Automattic, Inc., based in the USA who is Privacy Shield certified as you may see here and processes personal data on our behalf;
- Service providers or data processors that handle your personal data on our instructions, for example cloud services.
- Our subsidiaries in the Catena Media group, located inside or outside the EU/EEA. Transfers of personal data will be subject to Catena Media intra group data transfer agreements.
- If we are under a duty to disclose to comply with a legal obligation or protect our interests or security.
- In the event we sell, buy or re-organise any business or assets, or if our assets are acquired by a third party, including prospective sellers or buyers