Transfer Rumours

Aston Villa complete John Terry signing, with the Villans’ owner Tony Xia confirming the deal on Twitter

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

The former England captain has agreed a one-year deal at Villa Park and he could earn £4m if Villa secure a return to the Premier League.

Terry’s departure from Chelsea was confirmed at the end of last season, and apparently he opted to drop down a division because he did not want to come up against the Blues in the Premier League. During his time at Chelsea, Terry managed to win five Premier League title, five FA Cups and the Champions League.

Terry had offers to remain in the Premier League, with Bournemouth, West Brom and Swansea, but there were also offers from clubs from China and America. Aston Villa’s rivals, Birmingham City, were also interested in John Terry, but coach Harry Redknapp has accepted defeat in his pursuit.

Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has confirmed the signing of Terry as he tweeted: “Welcome JT to Birmingham city...Aston Villa! #UTV! @AVFCOfficial Announcement shortly!

Aston Villa will be aiming to improve on last year’s performance as they only finished 13th in the Championship table. John Terry is definitely an experienced player and he can help Villa to return to the Premier League after their relegation in 2015. Feel free to check out our latest news and our best betting tips.

Hakan Calhanoglu arrives at AC Milan for his medicals

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

The Turkish International arrived on Sunday in Milano to undergo his initial fitness tests before his full medical today, and he will sign his contract to be unveiled as a Milan player in the afternoon.

AC Milan have been one of the most active clubs in terms of transfers this summer as they already signed Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessie, Ricardo Rodriguez, Andre Silva and Fabio Borini. Furthermore, Atalanta full-back Andrea Conti is also expected to join AC Milan for around €25 million.

Reports in Milano suggest Hakan Calhanoglu will cost the Rossoneri an initial €20 million, but could rise in value to €24m for a four-year contract. The Turkish star hasn’t played an official game for Bayer Leverkusen since February, after he received a four-month ban from FIFA following a dispute relating to Trabzonspor, who claimed they had paid him €100.000 to sign for them in 2011. Calhanoglu confirmed that he accepted a €100.000 payment before deciding against the move and extending his contract at Karlsruhe, his team at the time. Despite his absence from the pitch, Calhangolu still managed six goals and five assists in his 15 league appearances for Bayer Leverkusen last term.

“I am on my way to sign the contract in Milan.” , the 23-year-old said to the German newspaper Bild. He also said “I want to thank Bayer Leverkusen, the directors and the fans for three fantastic years. Now I look forward to a new challenge.” Feel free to check out our latest news and our best betting tips.

Bournemouth sign Chelsea’s defender Nathan Ake for club record fee

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

Bournemouth have been pretty active throughout this summer transfer window and they recently confirmed on Twitter that they have confirmed the signing of Chelsea defender Nathan Ake for a club record fee of £20 million. This breaks Bournemouth’s previous record, as they paid £15m for Liverpool’s winger Jordon Ibe last year.

The 22-year-old Dutch International became the Cherries’ third signing, as goalkeeper Asmir Begovic joined the club from Chelsea in May while England striker Jermain Defoe signed on Thursday from Sunderland.

Nathan Ake joined Chelsea in 2012 and made only 17 appearances for the Blues and he spent the 2015-16 season on loan at Watford. He returned back to Chelsea but only to go on loan to Bournemouth for the first half of last season, making 12 appearances and scoring three goals. Then, Ake was recalled to Stamford Bridge in January and has been involved in several Premier League and FA Cup fixtures.

The 22-year-old player, who has already two caps for Netherlands national team, has signed a long-term deal with the Cherries and he said that he could progress more as a player at his new club.

“I had a great time here last season so I’m really happy to be back. With the help of the manager here I know I can keep improving and become a better player.” Ake told the club website.

On the flip side, manager Eddie Howe said he was delighted to have persuaded Ake to join the club.

“Nathan is an outstanding young player with a fantastic attitude and a great desire to learn and develop. He has a very bright future ahead of him and I’m very pleased to say that future is here.”

 As for Chelsea, they have a whopping 37 players on loan, from exciting youth prospect to players looking for their last chance. Victor Moses was one of Chelsea’s loanee but he has now firmly established as a key player under Antonio Conte. However, their fans are unhappy after Dominic Solanke and Nathan Ake have both left the club throughout this summer transfer window. Furthermore, Chelsea still have some talented players on loan in the shape of Lewis Baker, Bertrand Traore, Baba Rahman or Wallace. Feel free to check out our latest news and our best betting tips.

Everton set to sign Burnley’s defender Michael Keane

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

The recent reports claims that talks between Everton and Burnley are at an advanced stage regarding the transfer of Michael Keane. The 24-year-old has joined the Clarets from Manchester United for £2 million in January 2015 and has enjoyed a fruitful spell over the past two seasons.

Michael Keane made 35 Premier League appearances for Burnley last term, missing the last three league fixtures through injury. Due to his impressive run of form last season, Michael Keane has been called up to the England national team and made his debut in a 1-0 loss at the hands of Germany in March.

Keane was also on Jose Mourinho’s shortlist throughout this summer transfer window, but he decided to turn down a return to Manchester United following Victor Lindelof's arrival from Benfica. Despite interest from both Manchester United and Liverpool, the result from the odds compilers is this is a done deal. Keane was just 1/20 to move to Everton this summer before the bookmakers suspended the market this morning. However, Manchester United will benefit from this deal, as they are to be due 25% of any transfer fee from their former defender.

Everton have been pretty active on the transfer market this summer as they have already completed deals for Jordan Pickford and Davy Klaassen. Feel free to check out our latest news and our best betting tips.

Everton complete deal for Ajax’s attacking midfielder Davy Klaassen

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

Davy Klaassen made his debut for Ajax back in 2011 and he became one of the Amsterdammers’ key players over the years. The 24-year-old midfielder has made 163 appearances for Ajax, won three Eredivisie titles and helped the Amsterdammers with 49 goals and 39 assists. The Dutch midfielder has been a long-term target of coach Ronald Koeman, but he was also courted by several Premier League clubs over the past two years. Klassen served as Ajax captain the past two season, but he has enjoyed an excellent 2016/17 campaign, providing 20 goals and 12 assists across all competitions.

Manager Ronald Koeman needed an attacking midfielder who can create and score goals, as they have relied too much on their star striker Romelu Lukaku over the past few season. The Dutch coach was thrilled about his new signing and said “He is hard-working, likes to press and, of course, will give us more creativity and goals”. Davy Klaassen became a priority signing after the rumours that Ross Barkley may leave Everton if he fails to sign a new contract at Goodison Park.

Klaassen joined Everton for a fee of £23.5 million (€27m) yesterday and he became the Toffees’ second big signing of the summer, after Jordan Pickford joined the team from Sunderland for £25m, which is a British record fee for a goalie. In addition, Everton have been strongly linked with a £16m move for AC Milan’s forward M’Baye Niang, who had a spell on loan in the Premier League at Watford in the previous season.

FC Porto’s striker Andre Silva joins AC Milan

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

AC Milan continued their fantastic work in the transfer market as they have announced the signing of Andre Silva from FC Porto for a reported fee of €38 million. The 21-year-old striker underwent his medical with AC Milan on Monday and became Milan’s fourth signing of the summer.

Andre Silva joins Ricardo Rodriguez, Mateo Musacchio and Franck Kessie at San Siro, totaling an amazing €99m between the four of them.

Silva’s previous season for Porto was impressive, as he managed a decent tally of 16 goals in 32 league appearances. Furthermore, the 21-year-old forward also managed to find the back of the net on six occasions for the Portugal national team. In addition, Cristiano Ronaldo has already identified Andre Silva as his successor for the Portugal team as he said:

“When I retire, Portugal will be in good hands because they have already found a great striker: Andre Silva.”

 As for Silva, he told Milan TV “I choose AC Milan because they’re a club with a great history in the Champions League, I’m happy that Milan wanted me and I couldn’t pass up this opportunity.”

 Andre Silva is now preparing for the Confederations Cup, with Portugal playing the opening game against Mexico on Saturday.

Ricardo Rodriguez joins AC Milan from Wolfsburg

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

The Swiss full-back Ricardo Rodriguez arrived in Italy for his AC Milan medicals last evening and the Rossoneri have all but officially confirmed the signing with a tweet with the player’s initials. Wolfsburg’s former defender is set to move to AC Milan in a €18 million deal (€15 million plus €3 million add-ons). The 24-year-old defender has played over 100 Bundesliga games in six seasons with Wolfsburg, and also has 43 caps for Switzerland.

It has been an exciting week for the Rossoneri’s fans as Milan have now completed three signings and there are speculation regarding other potential transfer targets. AC Milan have already brought in Mateo Musacchio from Villarreal for €18 million and Franck Kessie from Atalanta. The latter joined on initial two-year loan deal with an obligation to buy. Furthermore, multiple sources claim that Lazio’s captain Lucas Biglia will join AC Milan for €22m plus €3m bonuses.

In addition, manager Vincenzo Montella has committed his future to AC Milan for the next two years after guiding the team back into Europe.

Paris Saint-Germain set to sign Borussia Dortmund’s striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

By: Marius Hrebenciuc

Paris Saint-Germain are said to have agreed on a fee with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who recently bought a new house in the Parisian suburb of Neuilly-sur-Seine. PSG struggled throughout the 2016/17 competitive season, particularly after losing Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a free transfer to Manchester United. Paris Saint Germain managed to win both Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France trophies, but they only finished second in the Ligue 1 table. They already have a quality striker in the shape of Edinson Cavani, who scored 35 goals throughout this Ligue 1 campaign, but they needed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for more pace.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been one of the best strikers in Europe over the past few years, scoring 85 goals in 125 appearances for Borussia Dortmund. This season, the Gabonese striker managed 31 goals in 31 league appearances and he also scored seven in eight European fixtures. Due to this performance, Aubameyang picked up the Bundesliga Golden Boot award. During his time at Borussia Dortmund, the 27-year-old striker has been crowned the Bundesliga topscorer, Bundesliga Player of the Year and African Footballer of the Year.

Reports in France says that PSG have agreed a £61 million deal for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and the 27-year-old striker will pick up a £5m signing-on fee and a reported £8.75m annual salary at Les Parisiens.

Zola Out, Redknapp In!

By: SBAT Staff

Gianfranco Zola resigned as Birmingham City FC following the defeat by fellow Championship strugglers Burton Albion on Monday night. The Italian held the job for 4 months and won only twice in 24 games.

Zola had the following to say “I sacked myself, I decided to give in my resignation”

"I am sorry because I came to Birmingham with huge expectations. Unfortunately, the results have not been good and I take full responsibility.

"It is not that I like quitting, but Birmingham deserves better. If I feel I cannot help the players, why stay? If I cannot help the team, it is better I leave and let someone else do that.

"I feel very bad and very sorry. We worked with a lot of meaning, but unfortunately it didn't produce the results. It is all very disappointing."

 

So in comes Harry Redknapp after managing the Jordan national team for two games in March this will be his first full-time managerial job since he left QPR in February 2015.

Harry said “I got a phone call last night at 7 pm from the people of Birmingham,”

Redknapp spoke on Tuesday. “I drove to London and had a 10-15 minute meeting with them and said ‘sure I’ll come and do it’. My wife said to me ‘are you mad or what?’. I get fed up sitting around doing nothing.

“It’s not really a risk [for me]. They’ve won two out of 22. I haven’t got a magic wand, I’m not going to turn them into Real Madrid. If I can just get them going and get a bit of belief back into them and we can pick up a win or whatever we need to stay up – that’s all I can do.”

Harry brings a wealth experience from guiding Portsmouth and QPR to promotion to the premier league and also secured an FA Cup victory with  Portsmouth . He picked up the Premier League Manager of the Year award with Tottenham while qualifying them to the Champions league. Redknapp has agreed to take charge for the rest of the season but can extend his stay should he keep the club up. He has a task on his hands with Birmingham not winning a game since February and being three points off the relegation zone they travel to Aston Villa for the derby on Sunday who have suffered two 3-1 defeats in their last two games so will be looking to bounce back with a win.

The remaining fixtures for Redknapp and Birmingham City

Aston Villa (Away)

Huddersfield (Home)

Bristol City (Away)

Redknapp's Managerial Career

1983-92 Bournemouth

1994-01 West Ham

2002-04 Portsmouth

2004-05 Southampton

2005-08 Tottenham

2012-15 QPR

2016 Jordan National Team

Transfer News, Rumours and Gossip

By: SBAT Staff

  • Aston Vills star Jack Grealish looks set to chose represent England at international level rather than the Republic of Ireland. 
  • Liverpool will not make any attempts to re sign Steven Gerrard on loan in Janurary. 
  • Manchester City and Arsenal look to go head to head for te signature of Real Madrid's Isco. 
  • Chelsea target John Stones wants a £38 million release clause if he is to sign a new deal with Everton. 
  • Arsenal and Tottenham are both targetting a move for Switzerland star Breel Embolo. 
  • Florentino Perez has aid Real Madrid will not be signing David De Gea in Janurary. 
  • Tottenham's new signing Son Heung-Min is inline to make his Tottenham debut this weekend. 
  • Tottenham will consider loan offers for attacking midfielder Alex Pritchard. 
  • Harry Kane ignored potential approaches from clubs by blanking his phone whilst on holiday. 
  • Southampton manager Ronald Koeman looks clear favourite to replace Danny Blind as Netherlands head coach. 
  • Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves believes Manchester City's new signing Kevin De Bruyne is not good enough to get in their side. 
  • Some of Manchester United's senior players are not happy with the Dutchmans harsh training regime. 
  • Wayne Rooney has been called one of the greatest players of this generation bny Barcelona's Lionel Messi.